TOM VAN DYCK
I have a passion for people’s development
With Tom's own sensitivity for organisational dynamics – ranging from leadership styles, over team dynamics, to corporate politics; he quickly generates trust through genuine empathy. From this starting point, the self-reflecting coaching journey can begin, in order to add value by helping people and teams become more effective in delivering results against targets and expectations.
Leadership Development Experience
Tom is Country Manager of TPC Leadership Belgium. He managed teams successfully for nearly 10 years in large multinational corporations, and this sparked his interest in coaching. He started off by being an internal coach at BCG for 2 years before developing his experience further and becoming independent. Tom is currently finalising his EMCC "Practitioner" qualification to add to his considerable coaching experience in business in Consumer Goods, Telecoms, and Consulting.
Other Relevant Experience
- 5 years with Unilever in Brussels and London
- 7 years with Belgacom Group (Belgian incumbent telco operator) in marcomms and consumer intelligence roles
- 3 years at Boston Consulting Group (BCG) based in Brussels, with extensive travel
- Supporting SOS Children's Villages, a global charity to help provide children with essential family care
- Member of Advisory Board (on a voluntary basis) of WYSE, a not-for-profit organisation sponsored by the United Nations, to develop young leaders across the world
- Teaching since 2012 at Hogeschool Gent (Belgium) on marketing, trendwatching, and soft skills
Education, Qualifications & Certifications
- EMCC "Practitioner" qualification (ongoing)
- MBA at INSEAD in France (2010)