“Leadership and Balance” best practices are at the core of professional excellence. When both skill sets work as a team, leaders become their own greatest resource. This journey is about balancing strategy and action, a diversity of tasks, and the dual roles of leading one’s “outer team” and one’s “inner team.”
Daniel customises highly experiential simulations, seminars, and executive coaching sessions to maximise client ROI. After assessing client needs and objectives, he custom designs these mediums to integrate, promote and reinforce (individual and group) goals and objectives. He believes that action-oriented learning opportunities allow participants to strategise and implement dynamic solutions in a limited time frame. Participants are the protagonist(s) of their journey—the director(s) of how it unfolds, bringing about real change in the process. The participants’ level of introspection and capacity for improving behaviours rises, and the door opens for an array of new outcomes and possibilities. An enhanced understanding of new alternatives converges with direct experiences of professional development (specifically “Leadership and Balance”) best practices.
Leadership Development Experience
Daniel's ”Leadership and Balance” programmes include speaking engagements, seminars, experiential learning programmes (such as “Leadership Improv” classes), and coaching. His customised leadership/ executive/ board retreats include a mosaic of programmes that are artfully and meticulously designed to serve the retreat’s mission.
Daniel's unique professional development programmes include: “The Time Management Game Show,” “The Cross-Cultural Business Adventure” and “The Treasure Sail” (a treasure hunt simulation that includes clues, actors, a diversity of multifaceted challenges, and sailboats as the mode of transport on the adventure).
His programmes have included:
- An executive retreat for an e-commerce company, which included a first-day simulation designed to clarify professional development areas for improvement. The highlighted skills were addressed the following morning in the “Emergent Seminar”
- Multiple executive retreats for a manufacturing company in the automobile industry. Each retreat included a diversity of seminars and experiential learning programmes
- Multiple team development programmes (eight) for a Fortune 500 Biotech company
- Multiple seminars and experiential learning programmes (six) for a Fortune 500 video game company
- Executive coaching that includes innovative and evolving “out of the box” questions, strategic field trips essential to the work, “inner team” work, “test driving” different possible future paths, and more
Daniel’s Fortune 500 repeat clients include: American Express, Bank of America, Genentech, IBM Canada, Intel Education, Oracle, and Sony Computer Entertainment America (PlayStation).
Education, Qualifications and Certifications
- Masters in Counselling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies (1995)