Our Master Course programme is aimed at:
To qualify for this programme an interview process is in place to assess potential participants.
Benefits of this programme
- Distinguishes you as a professional coach, working to rigorous and demanding standards
- Provides assurance for users/buyers of your coaching of your competence and ability
- Dramatically broadens and deepens your coaching capability
- Deepens your application of coaching psychology, systems theory and your team coaching capability
- Raises your personal credibility and professionalism
- Provides you with the latest and leading thinking from experts within the coaching industry and highly experienced practitioners that are leaders in their fields
- Demonstrates you are continually developing and always improving your coaching ability
- Raises the credibility and standards of our profession.
The course is approximately 12 months in length and involves:
- 5 workshops over 10 days
- 150 hours coaching practice (60 hours during this programme building on 90 hours of practice from Years 1 and 2).
- a practical coaching assessment
- 1-2-1 support from personal tutor
- undertaking co-supervision and group supervision
- undertaking reflective practice and relevant course work
- submission of a learning portfolio and written assignments to demonstrate your application of programme to your coaching practice
- access to online learning resources.
Note: modules are numbered from 9 up to reflect the fact that this course forms the third year of our three year coaching programme (and picks up from module 8 of the EMCC Senior Practitioner qualification). For those taking the course as a standalone programme, module 9 is the first instalment of the training. Find out more about our routes of study here.
Module 9: Coaching and mindfulness
The aims of this experiential 2-day module are to help you:
- explore how a mindfulness practice can develop your emotional intelligence and presence as a coach
- understand the latest insights on mindfulness from neuropsychology and the reported benefits of a mindfulness practice
- learn techniques for presence, grounding and centring as coach
- learn and practice at least 3 mindfulness meditation practices.
Module 10: A Gestalt approach to coaching
In this 2-day module you will:
- find out the meaning of the word Gestalt
- learn about the Gestalt cycle or wave of awareness; the interconnections between that cycle and the Gestalt cycle of contact and withdrawal and the Gestalt cycle of figure and ground
- find out why awareness is a central feature of Gestalt
- find out how an individual actively (although unconsciously) organizes his / her field
- learn how to use experiments and experimental approaches to help coachees radically increase their awareness – especially their awareness in relationship to the life dilemmas they bring to coaching sessions
- learn how to describe an equal or horizontal coaching relationship and co-create such a relationship.
Module 11: Advanced embodied systemic coaching
In this 3-day module you will:
- learn to understand the field and the system and their place and relevance in systemic coaching
- become able to explain and fluently use all 4 ways of knowing and behaving within their individual coaching sessions (intuitive, emotional, embodied and cognitive / intellectual).
- learn how to practise each of the stages of the CLEAR model of systemic coaching (clarify & contract; layout; explore, experiment & embody; align; resolve & resource)
- practise embodied solution-focussed approaches to systemic coaching within individual coaching sessions
- use systemic approaches to explore the place and relationship of the coach or consultant to the organizational system
- begin to use systemic coaching and consulting to explore team issues within the context of team coaching
- learn how to interconnect more meaningfully with other members of the learning community and with the wider field.
Module 12: Advanced coaching teams and groups
In this 2-day module you will learn about:
- clarifying distinctions between team coaching and other team interventions
- consulting and contracting with the team
- working with mission, objectives, ways of working, roles, disciplines and values
- the Inner and outer game in team coaching
- models for team function, change and improvement
- development of team observation and intervention skills
- team coaching protocols and methodologies
- how to work with conflict constructively in team coaching
- the use of metaphors such as “team sculpting” for describing team processes and dynamics.
Coach integration day
On our coach integration day you will:
- be assessed on your current level of coaching capability
- participate in group supervision
- reflect on development throughout the programme, identifying key strengths and future focus for practitioner development including supervision
- review certification requirements.
Course dates and fees
Master Coach Programme – £3,750 + VAT
The course takes place at Roffey Park near Horsham.
- Module 9: 13, 14 March 2018 – Coaching and Mindfulness
- Module 10: 3, 4 July 2018 – Gestalt Coaching
- Module 11: 11, 12 September 2018 – Advanced Embodied Systemic Coaching
- Module 12: 20, 21 November 2018 – Advanced Coaching Teams and Groups
- Coach Integration Day: 10 January 2019
If you want to find out more about our master coach programme, you can apply here or contact us.