We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. (Aristotle)
Maria believes that achieving and sustaining performance is a matter of discipline in continuous learning, setting goals, developing capabilities and working consistently towards achieving them. She finds it very rewarding to work with high potential individuals and organizations to achieve performance
Maria is convinced that there is no such thing as “recipes for success” that apply universally. As a result she invests a lot of resources in understanding the specific needs, expectations, educational and cultural background of the people she will be working with and designs the programs accordingly. She works closely with the target groups to better understand how different models or systems can be applied in their specific contexts and conceive tailor-made solutions together.
Leadership Development Experience
Maria has over ten years of experience in training design and delivery, including six years of experience in consulting and customer relationship management.
Passionate about leadership, performance management and customer loyalty, she is now working closely with different organizations for an overall increased performance. In this context she is specialized in: offering organizational analysis, assisting strategy articulation, setting objectives, selecting KPIs, optimizing and mapping processes, implementing new initiatives, facilitating internal leadership workshops, as well as, individual or team coaching sessions.
The majority of the clients are from the hospitality, healthcare, utilities, automotive and commerce industries. She is also offering pro-bono courses on topics such as personal wellbeing, healthy lifestyle or soft skills for young people and not-for-profit organizations.
Other Relevant Experience
As a trainer, Maria has delivered over 3000 hours of training on topics such as customer service, performance management and improvement, intercultural management, leadership, local politics or motivation in Romania, Sweden and China (where she lived and worked for four years).
Education, Qualifications and Certifications
- Coach, Coaching Educational Programme & Team Coaching Masterclass, organized by TPC Leadership Romania and Italy, 2018-2019 (in the process of obtaining the ICF accreditation).
- Coach & Mediator, Erasmus+ 80-hour programs organized by Calamus, Serbia, 2016 – 2017.
- Net Promoter Certified Associate, Bain & Company, Satmetrix Systems and Fred Reichheld, USA, 2016.
- Certified Trainer, Romanian National Authority for Certifications, Romania, 2015.
- Certified KPI Professional, The KPI Institute, Australia, 2014.
- Two B.A degrees in Political Science from the Bucharest University Romania in 2010, and in Economics from Lucian Blaga University, Romania in 2011
Linkedin: Maria Macrea-Desmons