What is organisational coaching used for?
At a macro level organisational coaching can enable leaders to:
- Change the leadership culture
- Manage organisational change
- Focus on collective organisational imperatives
At a micro level organisational coaching can enable leaders to:
- Perform to their potential
- Change their behaviour to align to organisational goals
- Be prepared for a future role in the talent pipeline
- Deliver their best as leaders of divisions, departments or strategic projects
Organisational coaching is the art of enhancing performance, development and creativity across an organisation - by facilitating a change in thinking.
How does Organisational Coaching work?
There are many ways we can make organisational coaching work for your organisation. We will create a bespoke solution that is tailored to your specific needs.
Setting up a coaching register
You may wish to develop either an internal register of coaches or use an external provider. Coaches are selected for the register based on the attributes, skills and experience that are valued by the organisation. The regular coaching pool provides the organisation with a consistency in the coaching.
We can train or quality-assure internal coaches, provide development centres, facilitate the establishment of an external register and contribute to the register with our own coaches.
Fully managed service
We can organise and manage all aspects of each coaching intervention. This includes all coachee onboarding, matching with a coach, arrangement of contracting sessions, session logistics, evaluation, monitoring, feedback and reporting e.g. aggregation of data such as themes. We offer technology solutions to support this service e.g. booking and allocation of coaches, virtual coaching tools.
Partially managed service
We can collaborate with your organisation to deliver certain aspects of the service based on need. Our provision enhances confidentiality and reinforces your programme with the insight of those who have overseen the coaching of many organisations.
Regional / Global provision of leadership coaches
With our global presence and diverse faculty, our coaching solutions can meet particular language or cultural requirements. As a global provider, you can be confident in the consistency of our coaching provision across your system.
Advisory service for how to develop a coaching culture
Draw on our vast experience of working with organisations to develop and embed a coaching culture. Gain our insight on how to establish the provision of leadership and team coaching and integrate a coaching approach into your organisation’s management practices. We’ll advise and guide you on developing an organisational solution using best practice (processes, evaluation, access levels.....)
Getting the right coaches for Organisational Coaching
We are proud to offer our clients an outstanding global faculty of senior coaches, recruited and quality-assured through a rigorous international process.
Our coaches draw on a wealth of experience across a wide range of disciplines (education, business science, philosophy, psychology and neuroscience) to support clients all over the world. They can provide expertise in the following areas:
- Leadership development – clarifying and improving leadership style
- Business results - creating robust plans to achieve greater success and achievement
- Values alignment - developing individual behaviours that meet organisational needs
- New role - supporting senior executives to successfully inhabit new situations
- Work/life balance - clarifying challenges and generating fresh solutions
- Strategic direction - developing thinking to create a compelling vision for the future
- High potential - equipping identified high-flyers with the core elements for success
- Skills development – enabling key learning to enhance professional performance
- Conflict resolution – identifying blockages to effective working relationships, and facilitating corrective action
We will identify a pool of coaches who meet the needs of your organisation in their experience, skill sets or professional background.
In organisational programmes, we will identify a pool of coaches who meet the needs of the client, through their experience, skill sets or professional background.
What does a typical coaching programme look and feel like?
During this initial phase, we assess your needs and preferences and select our most suitable coaches. Clients can expect their coach to have experience of similar professional situations. Where appropriate, the coach will also have prior experience of a client’s specialist field.
We suggest 2 to 3 coaches that we believe meet your criteria. The coachee will get a chemistry meeting with each, to give them the chance to select the coach that best resonates with them. If they decide that the coaches we have selected are not the right ‘fit’, we will retract our match and offer a fresh selection of suitable coaches.
Where it is appropriate to involve a sponsor e.g. the person's line manager or HR representative, we arrange a meeting between the sponsor, the coach and the coachee. This three-way meeting allows us to create suitable goals and success measures for the coaching and to agree the length and conditions surrounding the coaching experience.
Where there is no sponsor required, then the coach and coachee contract around their ways of working and the outcomes to be achieved by the end of the coaching assignment.
Coaching sessions usually last between 1.5 and 3 hours.
We create an appropriate coaching programme that factors in the outcomes that need to be achieved and the context in which the individual is operating. This could be anything from 2 to 10 coaching sessions over a period of 6 weeks to 9 months. A typical programme is 6 sessions over 4 to 6 months, each of 2 hours' duration.
During a coaching session coachees might expect:
- Challenge around the outcomes that they want and need to achieve
- Reflection on past successes and failures
- Exploration of stakeholders and how to manage or engage them as appropriate
- Challenge around assumptions and unhelpful working patterns
- Focus on strengths and how to leverage them more effectively
- Being held to account around agreed actions
- Being enabled to think creatively and differently
- Help with formulating a robust plan of action
- Consideration of how to create more effective and productive working relationships
Sessions take place in a location that best encourages comfort and freethinking. This might be our clients’ offices, a mutually agreed venue, a virtual meeting room - or a combination of these.
At the end of any coaching programme we arrange a debriefing session to revisit the original goals, review learning and gather feedback with the coach, coachee and sponsor (where relevant). We also undertake a Return on Investment analysis to ensure we have met or exceeded your success measures.
Looking for a different service?
Coaching & Leadership Academy
Leadership courses and accredited coach training programmes that empower you to lead with purpose.
Leadership Development Services
We engage with your leaders, teams or organisation to build capabilities, drive business success and enable people to find meaning and purpose in what they do.
We consult with and support your organisation to implement a strategic mindset, the right culture and capabilities - and to measure their effectiveness.
Get in touch
Get in touch with us to talk about how we can help with your organisation's leadership development.