We are looking for You
TPC Leadership France is inviting a new Associate Partner to join our growing business as of now. Thank you for your interest by applying, or forwarding to someone for whom this might be a perfect fit!
Launched in the UK in 2000 as ‘The Performance Coach’, TPC Leadership (‘TPCL’) today is a successful, global leadership development consultancy with 16 offices/hubs on 3 continents, and a wider global community of ~300 leadership experts.
We believe the world would be in a better place, if it were in the hands of better leaders.
Our clients are mainly large and A/B-list organisations in private & public sector. Our mission is to inspire a stronger leadership in our client organisations. We support them through high-end, bespoke interventions such as coaching (of individuals and teams), leadership development trainings, and leadership consulting. We are also an ICF- and EMCC-accredited coaching institute, offering certified coach training courses.
Based on our unique approach, combining head-heart-hands, solid professionalism, and a spirit of abundance and generosity, we are lucky to see our business grow.
The foundations of the French office go back to the end of 2015. We are now a team of 1 Equity Partner, a lean Business Support team of 3 people, and 8 quality-assured Leadership Experts (‘Associates’). TPCL France collaborates strongly and closely with our colleagues from other offices. We mainly operate in France and we increasingly build client relationships across Europe and globally.
In 2021, TPCL France has integrated a talent acquisition division – with the brand “HandMade Executive Search”, specialised in the head-hunting of C-level positions in the BtB/Industry field.
The Case for Change
With the growth we are lucky to witness, our business would tremendously benefit from having an additional Partner on board – we are capacity-constrained. Under the TPCL umbrella, with access to a broad range of leadership expertise and to a network of 300+ coaches and trainers worldwide, you would independently establish, manage, and grow a client portfolio, AND run a part of our office.
Could this be YOU?
Together, we’ll manage to achieve things neither of us could have achieved alone.
First and foremost, your role will be to help further grow the business. You will establish and maintain client relationships, identify client opportunities, convert them into projects, sometimes look after design, development & delivery yourself, and manage the relationship. In other words – we seek someone who is keen to sell.
There are two possible routes:
1. ‘Entrepreneur Associate Partner’
You have the profile of, or the aspiration to be, a business builder in the field of HR L&D. You see our value proposition as a lever for business growth. While you are also able and keen to work ‘in’ the business, you also reserve time for (and get energy from) working ‘on’ the business. You are open to also take on some internal (local/global) responsibilities. You are equally good at selling projects to clients, at managing long-term client relationships as a ‘Practitioner AP’, and at the same time see this not as your end point. After a trial period of max 2yrs, a period during which you and we can confirm your commercial effectiveness, and more generally whether we are meant to be, you could become Equity Partner of the local TPCL France business.
2. ‘Practitioner Associate Partner’
You are a seasoned practitioner in our field (coach, trainer, facilitator…) with a proven track record of success. You are an expert in the field, you are passionate about standing ‘in the classroom’, working ‘in’ the business. You may have been investing in your own development, and may hold a few certifications/degrees of well-known tools/methodologies. You are successful and entrepreneurial in selling your own time, you may occasionally and opportunistically partner up with other likeminded professionals, and yet… you may aspire to being part of something bigger: a large, stable, and purpose-driven network of experts. At the same time, you may be less keen to work ‘on’ the business, taking on internal responsibilities locally or globally – leaving that to the Equity Partners, who also own the local business. This ‘Practitioner’ Associate Partner track could be a long-term role, where we would not hold any expectations towards future career steps – there is no need to become Equity Partner.
- You may see this as a career switch and start from scratch; alternatively, you may wish to bring in your existing coaching/training/consulting business, for which you seek a ‘safe haven’.
- You understand how to create client value. You are relational and networked, more than transactional. Money is not the goal; it is an outcome of the value you create for clients. You make a difference the moment you join the conversation.
- You are as much a ‘hunter’ as a ‘farmer’ – opportunities may come through TPCL locally and internationally, and from your own network. Either way, your goal is to increase the size of the pie.
- You are inspired and held by our values (cfr our website). You want to make a meaningful difference, and you want to be part of something bigger. You treat everyone with the respect they deserve, and you look after the wellbeing of our people, our clients, our planet, and yourself. You are resilient, taking the long-term view. You are used to very high professional standards.
- You bring a track record of solid, recognized experience in terms of leadership development, combined with at least 10y of relevant professional experience. You are an independent, inspiring, and credible thought partner for senior HR and CxO counterparts in their field.
- You are proficient (written & spoken) in French & English; familiarity/affinity with the French market.
Our modus operandi
Associate Partners work on a freelance basis (i.e. no fixed salary) with the following income streams:
- % of revenues for the work designed or delivered (like our Associates);
- individual sales target which, when met or exceeded, triggers an additional kickback payout
- as soon as you become Equity Partner partnership: share of our profit
Living our values is also a part of how we measure performance.
- You could get as much international/global exposure as you would like. Currently, we work mostly remotely (together and with our clients).
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a motivation letter or/and a motivation video. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to welcoming you on board!
Partner at TPC Leadership France