In the heart of a leader or a manager, a champion and in the heart of a champion, a person with both values and potential
Deborah’s mission is to help individuals and organisations developing their strengths and inspiring others so that they can make a big difference. Through her passion and the combination of her challenging and empathetic non-directive style, she supports individuals, teams and companies to discover new options and unlock their potential in service of individual and organisational performance and health.
Leadership Development Experience
Deborah is an entrepreneur and an experienced business consultant, executive coach, facilitator and trainer. Her background and practice is both rooted in research and in business work:
- Management Consulting: Deborah has worked at McKinsey & Company from 1997 until 2011 as a Consultant and then as a Senior Organisation Expert
- Organisation and Leadership Development: Deborah has led the Global Leadership and Talent Management Practice of McKinsey for more than 3 years. In this context, Deborah has worked with teams and clients on bridging the link between the organisation, the culture, the people and the business performance and health. Since 2011, she has created her own company and has been working in this field as an independent professional and as a Core associate of TPC Leadership.
- Coaching: Deborah has more than 10 years of individual and team coaching experience of managers and senior executives. She is also a certified trainer of coaches. She has introduced and is in charge of the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC) Practitioner coaching program in Belgium where she is one of the core faculty and the one managing the program and the faculty’s team
- Research and Tools: Deborah has co-developed a set of key organisational analytical tools, techniques and approaches that have been successfully applied across a wide variety of companies (e.g., organisational and cultural diagnostic, top team workshops, personal growth workshop, Centred Leadership Model- based on interviews and surveys of more than 2,000 leaders all around the world)
Other Relevant Experience
Examples of recent work include:
- Supporting a global financial company for a 24 months leadership development trajectory for “peer groups” of 8 senior managers (including supporting the process of 360° feedback and facilitating a journey of team coaching sessions and individual ones)
- Assisting a global grocery chain to develop a leadership academy in the context of a major transformation program (including developing and delivering team trainings, top team workshops and coaching of senior executives and middle managers across Europe)
- Supporting one of the big 4 Audit and Advisory Firm in Luxembourg to develop its strategy in internal leadership & development programs and supporting one of its department to reinvent its purpose and enhance its efficiency and effectiveness
- Supporting a major Belgian public telecom company in the context of a large workforce program and HR strategy (including designing and delivering individual coaching and team programs)
- Developing and conducting a business organisational diagnostic for a global mid-size service company and supporting the company to implement changes for better business performance and health while improving significantly employees’ motivation (including designing workshops and coaching of 8 senior executives for 10 months
For more than 2 years, Deborah was the moderator of a forum of eight members of the Belgian Chapter of the YPO (“Young President Organisation”) where she facilitates “ monthly team coaching sessions”. Deborah is also member of the Board committee of Féminin Pluriel (organisation of women executives in Europe) and moderator of a forum of “team coaching sessions”.
Education, Qualifications & Certifications
- Deborah has been trained in Individual Coaching, Group and Team Coaching as well as Cross Cultural Coaching in international schools recognised by the European Mentoring Coaching and Council and the International Coaching Federation. She is also a certified faculty and trainer of coaches (see above).
- Beyond her graduation with “the greatest distinction and major of promotion” from the leading Belgian business management school (at the ULB university), she is also graduated in diverse psychology courses and competencies such as emotional intelligence.
Linkedin: Deborah Lacher