Marcus de Vasconcelos
"Business transformation through purposeful leadership"
Marcus is a seasoned leader with extensive management experience in large corporations working in diverse cultural environments around the world. He is a bold and innovative leader who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo, invest in people with new ideas, and manage ambiguity to create business value.
Marcus has significant experience in business transformation, with a focus on co-creating solutions to engage people in long-term change journeys. Marcus is particularly proud of his track record in achieving sustained business change in an inclusive way, helping people transform to face new challenges.
Marcus has coached extensively throughout his corporate career and, more recently, as a transformational and executive coach for private clients. His goal is to raise the self-awareness of the people he coaches so they can make more conscious decisions in their lives. His ambition is to help create a generation of business leaders who can lead with purpose to create a better world for all.
Leadership Development, Coaching & Consulting Experience
Marcus’ leadership development and coaching experience has been gained hands-on over 20+ years in corporate roles in business transformation, including the following:
- Reenergizing a team of 100+ people in a global mobility function of a Fortune 500 corporation through a business transformation program focused on strategic customer-centric realignment. The program included building a strategic mindset, designing a high-performing organization, and working with leaders at all levels to engage the entire team in delivering a co-created vision.
- Transforming the Finance function in the Asia-Pacific region of a Fortune 500 corporation through the transfer of activities from individual markets to a new central hub operating in a matrix organization. The business transformation program included a large change management effort across the region as well as the selection, coaching and development of business leaders for the central hub.
- Fostering significant cultural change in a 250+ person service organization serving the Americas in a Fortune 500 corporation. The change program, which included assessing, coaching and developing leaders, created a world-class customer-centric delivery center in 2 years.
Other relevant experience
Marcus has significant cross-cultural experience, having lived, worked and thrived in 7 countries in 4 continents, and travelled extensively on business assignments worldwide. His focus on developing and applying emotional intelligence in all his interactions makes him highly effective in coaching people to embrace and thrive under rapid change. He also has significant experience in bridging the gap between more experienced leaders and younger people, particularly Millennials and those from Generation Z.
Education, Qualifications and Certifications
- Hogan Personality Assessment Certification (Madrid, Spain)
- Emotional Intelligence: Foundational & Relationship Skills (Goleman EI)
- Diploma in Transformational Coaching (London, United Kingdom)
- Master in Operational Research (Lancaster, United Kingdom)
- Bachelor in Economics & Finance (Oporto, Portugal)
English, Portuguese, Spanish, French
Linked in: Marcus de Vasconcelos